Cashew Cream Cauliflower Soup
A fantastic recipe from Marlene Watson-Tara. Marlene's work focuses on food, nutrition and the effect it has on our bodies and our planet.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. Seaweed Agogo Italian Herb Mix
- 2 tsps. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sweet white miso
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste (optional)
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
Cook cauliflower in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside. Discard the soaking water from the cashews and place in a high-speed blender along with the nutritional yeast, Seaweed Agogo herb mix, mustard, tahini and vinegar. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Add the cauliflower to food processor and puree, adding more water to reach the desired consistency. Stir in the white miso. Serve warm in a bowl garnished with some black sesame seeds and watercress.
The basil and oregano kombu seaweed mix add a delightful flavour complementing the nutty and slightly bitter notes of the cauliflower. And of course, the added nutritional benefits of seaweed.